The following rules have been implemented to govern the Cross Country Coaches Small School Club National Championships.
A. TEAM PARTICIPATION
Club teams may only be comprised of members from your high school team grades 9-12 with the exception of Michigan. All Michigan high school club teams must contact the meet director Frank Miklavcic to insure compliance with MHSAA rules prior to entering.
B. TEAM SCORING
1. Teams will consist of 5-8 members from the same high school club. A team may have up to three alternates.
2. The finishing position of an athlete shall be his/her score.
3. The total of the positions of the first five (5) members of each team shall be that team's score.
4. Displaced runners, those athletes on a team that started with at least five (5) but did not finish as a team, will be deleted from the list of place finishers.
The team finishers will then be reassigned finishing places and the score calculated as indicated.
5. Teams with fewer than five (5) finishers shall not be scored as a team.
6. The team whose sixth member finishes first shall be given the higher place in case of a tie.
C. INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPATION
There is no individual participation except for those individuals whose team is unable to finish. These individuals may still earn individual awards.
A team at the national meet must wear the same top with shorts of any length but they must be of the same color. They may not wear their high school uniforms.
NOTE # 1
All coaches and parents are responsible for knowing and understanding their state association rules as it pertains to post season competition.
NOTE # 2
The alternates for the above races and any other athletes that your club brings may participate in the Cross Country Coaches National Youth Championships held in conjunction with these races. Any athlete age 6-18 may be able to participate.